- 1.Mismatch in the "First Name" and "Last (Family) Name". Where the information you provide in the launchpad form before starting KYC process doesn't match the information in the ID provided - this is the most common issue
- 2.Don't use a scan of a photo/image e.g. a scan of a photo or copy of your passport. Take a clear "photo" of your document - more info
- 3.Poor quality photo of the ID
- 4.Poor quality Selfie photo (lighting or bad background)
- 5.Document information is covered - i.e. don't cover important information of your passport with your finger or out of view from the camera
- 6.You are using ID documents that are not allowed by the KYC software - e.g. You select "Passport" but then upload your "Driver's License"
The KYC tech provider clearly states in the KYC workflow to "... upload photo - no scans or photocopies"
The document needs to be a a first-hand capture.
We suggest you upload a first-hand capture image of the document or the KYC will fail. A clear photo is the best option, do not use a scanned version of a previous print-out / photo.
- In most situations, you will get a maximum 2 attempts to complete your KYC
- In some situations (like legal or excluded country issues or if you have already completed a KYC using a different address), you may only get 1 chance
It is very important that you read the instructions in the KYC workflow screens and follow those instructions carefully. Take your time and don't rush. If you do this; you have the highest chance to pass KYC. Also read What are the most common reasons why a KYC can fail? and make sure you don't make those mistakes when you do your KYC.
Also see next related question: Can I use multiple wallets and do multiple KYCs to buy more lottery tickets?
No you cannot. This is to prevent "sybil attacks" and "whale attacks" where the same person uses multiple wallets and tries to buy more lottery tickets - you can ONLY do 1 successful KYC which is tied to a single address.
The KYC feature on the Maiar Launchpad is built by the Elrond team by using a 3rd party KYC technology platform. The Itheum team does not have access to correct or manage Maiar launchpad KYC entries. But the Itheum team will do everything we can to help you escalate any issues with Elrond and the KYC platform. Before you reach out to us with a complaint, please follow these steps:
- 5.You have 2 attempts to complete KYC. If your 1st attempt fails - and before you start your 2nd, please read What are the most common reasons why a KYC can fail again and make sure you follow it exactly
People from the following countries are excluded from participating in the IDO (a person can't be a citizen, resident, located, or domiciled in any of these countries). For an updated list of excluded countries, please visit : https://itheum.com/ido/excluded
- American Samoa
- Armenia Afghanistan
- Angola Azerbaijan
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Hong Kong
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Northern Mariana Islands
- North Korea
- Puerto Rico
- South Sudan
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
- Virgin Islands (U.S.)